Style is never in short supply at our more than 1,000 TJ Maxx stores. They all have different products, but the same commitment to the thrill of the find. From designers straight off the runway to statement jewelry, we offer exciting surprises that make the everyday a little more fun. Same with working here. Our environment is ever-changing, yet always encouraging. Each shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different.
Supervises the budget process and non-payroll expenses for the facility. Identifies cost savings opportunities and implement strategies. Initiates contact with new potential suppliers and obtains quotes for future needs. Facilitates transactions and dealings with current vendors. Directs and coordinates activities of associates engaged in Oracle functions. Communicates with current suppliers and Home Office regarding quality, quantity, timeliness of supplies and reporting.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Performs ongoing analysis of all expenses versus budget for the Distribution Center. Ensures expense purchases are charged to the proper accounts and researches discrepancies.
- Supervises ES Data Entry, all Oracle IProcurement functions including supply inventory, preparation of expense and production/OPH reports, and various production reports as needed.
- Generates Oracle Purchase Orders, deals with vendors, and follows up with vendors regarding product/service concerns and payment issues.
- Prepares various financial and production-related reports as required for the DC and for Home Office Finance, including budgets, monthly accruals, forecasts, and journal entries.
- Contacts vendors for bids to get competitive pricing, tests new products, initiates cost control programs, recycling programs and green initiatives.
- Ad hoc cost analysis and special projects as assigned
- Updates the Labor Management Model
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in a distribution center.
- Experience in leading a team; supervisor experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of distribution center operations preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
At TJ Maxx there’s so much potential to discover something new. A new day means new merchandise, and a fresh chance to reinvent retail. Discover Different means that we want you to bring your whole self and your sense of style to work with you every day – just as Associates do throughout the entire TJX family, which includes Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different also means we embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.