PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Trade Marketing Analyst updates the Post Event Analysis (PEA) process by identifying, analyzing, tracking and reporting promotional events including Trade and Co-Marketing. Position updates the templates used for Pre and Post Promotional analysis, develops recommendations and participates in communication of results to Sales/Brokers and customer marketing/marketing leadership team. Position is also responsible for standardized reporting across Category Management, Trade Promotion, and other Customer Marketing reports (i.e., Share reports, Full year budget reports, competitive price gaps, customer P&L’s, promotion liability reporting, as directed by the Customer Marketing Manager.
This position reports to the Customer Marketing Manager and does not supervise staff. The position works with Category Manager, Sales Managers, Brokers, IS, Marketing, claims processing group, finance and accounting group, and Customer Marketing group.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. Tree Top may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Update Post Event Analysis (PEA) by consolidating syndicated performance, trade spending, and co-marketing data to summarize quarterly and annual event analysis. Compile and participate in presenting information to help determine the effectiveness of past event. Manage templates to include ongoing events that are utilized to develop future business plan scenarios.
- Utilize post event information to develop trade and co-marketing insights and share with Sales/brokers and sales/marketing leadership teams.
- Manage standardized reporting across Category Management, Trade Promotion, and other Customer Marketing reports (i.e., Share report, full year budget reports, scorecard, competitive price gaps, customer P&L’s, and promotion liability reporting, as directed by the Account Planning and Analysis Manager.
- Develop and report customer level P&L’s for Customer Marketing group through P&L development and analysis.
- Complete ad hoc special assignments and projects for the Customer Marketing group. Gather data for projects, validate information, and participate in meetings.
- Act as a resource on Account Review System, consumption data (IRI) inquires or problems and help train all new personnel on system.
- Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Principles and practices of financial analysis.
- Statistical and quantitative analysis.
- Effective business communication, including verbal, written, and presentations.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Creating reports, analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data, synthesizing to a meaningful output, and providing actions and recommendations.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Gather, evaluate, and interpret information.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Ability to learn multiple business systems both proprietary and third party solutions.
- Meet behaviors established in Tree Top’s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting is required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working with financial data analysis in a fast paced office environment.
- Experience working in an ERP system and/or trade promotion management system is preferred.
- Constantly works in an office environment
- Frequently deals with highly confidential information
- Frequently works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Occasionally lifts up to 10 pounds
- Vision requirements: Constantly uses color vision and frequently uses near vision
- Frequently talks, types, uses repetitive hand motions, listens/uses hearing, and/or sits
- Occasionally lifts
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Tree Top is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.