The Trinity Industries Customer Solutions Team is seeking a Sales Operations Data Steward in Dallas, TX!
This role is responsible for helping maintain data quality, data cataloguing (defining variables in a dataset and tracking the lineage of how it is used), and creating business strategies to ensure sure the group’s data is secure, accurate, and easily accessible. This person will play a key role in enabling data-driven decision making for the Customer Solutions team and implementing the data strategy related to commercial information.
Join our team today and be a part of Delivering Goods for the Good of All!
What you’ll do:
- Recommend creative solutions to resolve issues in data policies, definitions, quality and metrics
- Collaborate with data owners in business units to rationalize data needs and define authoritative sources of data
- Optimize data workflows and communications between cross-functional teams
- Serve as the go-to expert for anything in the realm of department data
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to fill in gaps in data and to solve discrepancies or inconsistencies
- Ensure data accuracy and security by performing routine audits
- Catalog and provide a data dictionary for various Customer Solutions related data sources
- Aid in developing technology roadmaps for Customer Solutions organization
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or relevant work experience
- Relevant experience in data analytics, data stewardship, or database management required
- An understanding of how data is used within business processes and its impact
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- Process development and improvement
- SQL (Python or R is helpful)
- Data Visualization (Tableau/Qlik)
- Cataloging Experience (i.e. Informatica, Alation, or other solutions)
- Experience in Master Data Management