- They will be responsible yield management processes, ongoing indirect performance review of existing U-Haul Storage locations, analysis of competitor rate trends and employing strategic combinations of advertising and marketing.
- Every U-Haul Analysis team member is responsible for maintaining a continual improvement process mindset, which means that each team member is expected to actively seek out opportunities to improve current processes in terms of their effectiveness, efficiency, and flexibility as well as to develop new processes after a specific need has been identified.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Storage Operations, responsible for establishing and implementing appropriate rate schedules for center storage facilities to satisfy customer demand.
- This position reports to the VP Storage Operation and Property Management, and will have direct visibility to AMERCO’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Establish and Implement rate yield management schedules.
- Complete operational reporting, forecasting.
- Analyze marketing data, evaluate historical data and trends.
- Obtain and analyze data regarding income and expenses.
- Assist with new construction projects and storage acquisitions.
- Reasonable and predictable attendance is essential.
- Establish and maintain appropriate rental rate schedules for storage locations in U.S. & Canada.
- Analyze competitors rates, determine need for rate changes, analyze trends and make recommendations to operations manager.
- Resolve operational problems through communication with Storage Managers, Center Managers and ADVP’s.
- Ensure all storage locations are in compliance with U-Haul self-storage policies and procedures.
- Prepare storage product group presentations for Area District Vice-Presidents and senior management.
- Assist in writing and recommending changes to existing operational policies and procedures.
- Determine the effectiveness of advertising and promotional campaigns by evaluating revenues, occupancy, delinquency rates and performance versus forecasts.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Frequent contact either in person, verbal or written with field marketing system members, center managers, and senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communication/Business Management or equivalent in experience.
- 1-2 years in Customer Service or Marketing.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field and experience in Marketing and analysis in the public or private sectors.
- Storage Marketing and Yield Management experience is a plus but not required.