POSITION’S PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, responsible for providing Marketing Companies and other System entities with information and assistance in procuring supplies ordered via the network system. Establish and maintain good rapport with the Executive Assistants and Shop parts personnel at each marketing company and keep them abreast of all information pertaining to vendors, procedures regarding changes in ordering, parts numbers and prices. Initiate changes in orders, create orders or verify receipt of orders as requested by telephone, fax or e-mail from the field. Identify, analyze and resolve purchasing issues
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (Note: Essential duties are not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary).
1. Reasonable and predictable attendance is essential.
2. Establish priorities on a daily basis and reevaluate as necessary. Determine and take whatever action is necessary to ensure product reaches field entities in a timely manner.
3. Release all orders for parts and supplies via the ARMS, MOST, WEBEST System, or by telephone. Initiate orders or correct ordering errors to obtain parts and supplies as ordered by the field.
4. Institute claims for lost or damaged shipments.
5. Research problem orders as requested by field and follow up on resolution.
6. Answer inquiries from field entities as to status and availability of orders. Provide part numbers and prices upon request. Respond to “feedback” messages from open order reports.
7. Place manual rush orders for field entities as requested. Ensure proper accounting procedures are followed on manual purchase orders.
8. Coordinate with Buyers to set up customer/vendor files
9. Provide order status, parts number corrections, routing and backorder information, to the Marketing Company, on a daily basis.
10. Create purchase orders within approval guidelines for order purchasing. Confirm shipping methods where cost may be an issue for the company with EA (Executive Assistant) or MCP (Marketing Company President).
11. Offer recommendations to buyers. Refer to electronic parts catalog (EPC)
12. Work with shops to follow up on down equipment to help expedite product from vendors or source from other field entities to get the equipment repaired as quickly as possible.
13. Advise Buyers of vendor problems such as, no response to order inquiries, late shipments, and back orders. Determine vendor errors regarding late shipments and request special shipping to expedite orders.
14. Develop and assist with implementation of the process for efficiency improvement, provide customer service and departmental support.
15. Verify and input vendor data into an electronic system. Develop reports to track individual vendor performance.
EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: High School plus additional specialized training equal to 2 years college.
EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years
SKILLS/REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/TOOLS: Skills/Knowledge: Must be customer oriented and able to maintain professional demeanor under pressure. Knowledge of products and services, purchasing policies and practices, along with the ability to use personal computer (PC) and telephone simultaneously.