UPS is seeking passionate and ambitious Senior undergraduate or graduate students for our 11(?) week 2022 Sales and Marketing summer internship program. The U.S. Sales and Marketing teams are responsible for driving international & domestic small package volume and revenue growth by understanding our customers’ supply chain challenges and aligning the appropriate UPS solutions.
The Sales Intern collaborates with a variety of management levels on projects that contribute to the success of the team. This position uses discipline specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to assist with various projects, presentations, and business improvement opportunities. This position performs other career related responsibilities as assigned.
- Learns hands-on sales, negotiation, and marketing; prospecting/developing warm leads for international/domestic small package revenue on behalf of UPS
- Works with cross-functional teams including operations, solutions engineers, marketing, and UPS leadership to dynamically solve customer challenges
- Learns how to use a consultative sales approach to evaluate a customer’s supply chain to find opportunities to present UPS solutions and insights that supports their business goals
- Works on strategic marketing projects that identify/evaluate market trends, customer needs, competitive solutions and UPS’s position in the market to highlight areas of opportunity for UPS to build our solutions
- Possesses ability to communicate with all levels of management, multitask and work with cross functional teams
- Displays leadership attributes within classroom, projects, and/or volunteering
- Demonstrates excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, and crafts compelling storyline
- Possesses basic knowledge of Microsoft (Excel and PowerPoint) and builds presentations incorporating data visualizations/insights
- Aspires for a career in sales or marketing – Preferred
- Recent graduate or pursuing a degree in Business Management, Finance, Logistics, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, International Business, or Psychology – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law