Human Resources Specialist
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY: Human Resources Manager
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Under specific direction of the Human Resources Manager, assist with administration, planning and coordination of the company’s HR function. Perform a variety of moderately complex duties, including administering various Human Resources policies and procedures.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
At Urban Leaf, we specialize in processing of fresh produce in large quantities and selling it to manufactures, caterers, and distributors. This position is ideal for graduates who wants to gain valuable hands-on experience dealing with recruiting, employee relations, Workers Compensation and other issues in a very challenging and diverse manufacturing environment. Our company employees’ languages are comprised of English, Cantonese and Spanish speakers.
- Assist with recruitment and on-boarding activities, such as preparing job descriptions, posting openings, screening candidates, and on-boarding new employees.
- Create, maintain, and safeguard confidential employee HR records.
- Provide HR related information to employees; refer/escalate issues as appropriate.
- Assist with Workers’ Compensation administration of claims and investigations.
- Process unemployment claims.
- Assist in preparing internal employee communications regarding company policies and procedures
- Support HR Manager in administering insurance benefits, including claims and eligibility issues.
- Develop knowledge of company policies and procedures for responding to HR-related issues.
- Develop understanding of, and participate in, employee life cycle processes, from recruitment through termination.
- Research and maintain general knowledge of employment laws, standards, legislation, and trends that may affect organizational HR practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
REQUIRED BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in either English or English and Cantonese ; i.e. complete fluency in these two languages, for interpreting with our Chinese speaking employees and translating materials from English to Chinese and visa-versa.
- Ability and interest in increasing knowledge of, and experience in, HR policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Cantonese speaking is a plus.
Please submit resume through the system.
Urban Leaf reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Urban Leaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
About Urban Leaf Co. dba The Produce Company
We are a pre-cut produce manufacturer