Regional Recruitment Manager
Title: Regional Recruitment Manager – Northeast
The Regional Recruitment Manager is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and selecting outstanding talent to apply to Urban Teachers’ teacher preparation program located in Dallas/Fort Worth, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and Baltimore. This includes establishing a significant regional presence for Urban Teachers and its brand, building key strategic partnerships, recruiting at colleges and universities, and attending/participating in/developing and leading events to attract candidates to apply for and join the Urban Teachers Residency program.
This position reports to the Director of Recruitment and will involve 50-60% travel throughout the Northeast or West Coast regions during peak months August – May, with a decrease in the summer months. This role requires flexibility outside of traditional working hours, including some night and weekend events.
*Due to the impact of COVID-19, our regional offices are closed and recruiters will not travel until the organization deems it safe to do so. Recruitment managers will work virtually until further notice.
About Urban Teachers
The mission of Urban Teachers is to improve educational and life outcomes of children in urban schools by preparing culturally competent, effective career teachers who accelerate student achievement and disrupt systems of racial and socioeconomic inequity.
Urban Teachers accomplishes this by recruiting outstanding candidates, equipping them with state-of-the-art training, and linking their certification to their demonstration of effective teaching practices and skills. Participants in the Urban Teachers program also receive a Master’s of Science in Education from the Johns Hopkins School of Education – a top 10 graduate school of education according to U.S. News and World Report. Founded in 2009, Urban Teachers is on the cutting edge of teacher preparation.
Learn more about Urban Teachers on our website: www.urbanteachers.org
Organizational values include:
WE SERVE CHILDREN.
Children are the center of our work. We rely on the communities we serve to guide and inform the decisions we make about our curriculum, program and practice.
WE ARE AN ANTI-RACIST ORGANIZATION.
We are committed to ongoing knowledge seeking, reflection, and action to deliberately oppose racism. We are an inclusive organization that values the diversity of people, backgrounds, and perspectives. We are active allies who pursue justice in the communities in which we live and work.
WE ARE LIFE-LONG LEARNERS.
We are dedicated to continuous improvement, innovation, and excellence. We strive to be on the forefront of what is best for teacher education and students based on research and practice.
WE VALUE EACH OTHER.
We value each other as whole people. We are servant leaders who foster a supportive working environment that is empathetic and caring, and values direct, constructive feedback.
Qualified individuals who are fully invested in Urban Teachers’ mission and vision and who thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented setting are encouraged to apply.
Urban Teachers does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national and ethnic origin in hiring and employment, nor in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and other programs.
As an Employer of National Service, Urban Teachers recognizes the unique skills of national service alumni. Accordingly, AmeriCorps alumni, returned Peace Corps volunteers, and other national service participants are encouraged to apply to our job openings.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Sourcing and Engagement:
- Research and build a portfolio of contacts across regional partner organizations and colleges/universities as well as local partner schools across the Northeast or West Coast regions
- Develop, plan and execute creative regional events to build and cultivate a regional applicant pipeline through on the ground activities across the Northeast or West Coast regions
- Utilize applicant sourcing platforms to increase applicant pipeline outside of on-the-ground efforts
- Develop and cultivate relationships with partner organizations, university stakeholders and with local partner schools across the Northeast or West Coast regions
- Develop and cultivate relationships with prospective participants throughout the application process through virtual and in-person interactions
- Manage and track expenditures for regional budget
Data Management and Analysis:
- Manage regional recruitment data in Salesforce, ensuring clean and accurate inputs
- Execute and improve regional recruitment strategy through data
Selection and Admissions
- Facilitate candidate selection activities
- Support the Selection Team as needed
- Positively contribute to and help shape a healthy and thriving team culture
- Commit to anti-racist behaviors and actions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Results orientated and motivated by clear goals
- Ability to analyze data and use analysis to inform strategies and recruitment efforts
- Self-directed and self-starter who is comfortable operating in grey space and maintains a high degree of personal responsibility
- Ability to work remotely and as a part of a remote team and also manage close working relationships with local site teams
- Ability to travel independently approximately 50-60% of the time August – May across the Northeast or West Coast regions
- Willingness and ability to attend events in the evenings and on the weekends
- Experience working with Salesforce and Box document storage platform
- Previous experience in recruitment or sales
- Previous experience in education / education non-profits
- Previous full-time teaching experience
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and are competitive with major non-profits.