The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real-world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions and have an opportunity to deliver an end of summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders.
US Foods internships are full-time paid positions (40 hours per week from late May to mid-August with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position post-graduation dependent on availability and overall performance.
This position has been segmented as Blended meaning the work is a combination of onsite and remote/virtual (as defined by the role segmentation).
Please note: We are unable to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). Candidates who possess the unqualified right to work in the United States are eligible to apply.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts core internal audits including financial, SOX 404 compliance, corporate compliance, information technology, investigations and operational audits.
- Assists with business risk assessments.
- Assists in management requested initiatives and provides direct input that contributes to the successful completion of the project.
- Works closely with audit team, keeps team informed of progress, issues that arise, and asks questions.
- Focused on learning and leadership development.
- Understands and adheres to internal audit methodology and policies and procedures.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must be enrolled in school during time of internship
- Students currently between their Junior and Senior years or between their 1st and 2nd years of graduate school will be considered for internships
- Must have readily available access to reliable high-speed internet
- Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location.
- Active involvement a Finance or Accounting club, student group, or business fraternity/sorority.
- Completed an Audit course within their Finance or Accounting major.
- Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well as a team.
- Leadership mindset.
With direct supervision and oversight, the intern position provides exposure and opportunity to investigate a career, gain business knowledge and practical application of a specific function within the food distribution industry. US Foods has a number of projects that will exercise and develop the intern’s Internal Audit knowledge and Accounting skills.
Less than 10% anticipated travel.