The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real-world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions and have an opportunity to deliver an end of summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders.
US Foods internships are full-time paid positions (40 hours per week from May – August) with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position post-graduation dependent on availability and overall performance.
This position has been segmented as Blended meaning the work is a combination of onsite and remote/virtual (as defined by the role segmentation).
Please note: We are unable to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). Candidates who possess the unqualified right to work in the United States are eligible to apply.
US Foods is one of America’s leading food distributors servicing restaurants, the healthcare industry, and more. Ready for a hands-on summer experience?
We are seeking talented students who are looking for opportunities to apply their academic skills in a real-world setting. Work with Technical Support Analysts that collaborate with Service Desk, Technical Engineering, and Development Teams. This role includes responding to system alerts, troubleshooting, and resolving various technical issues while working with associates across the enterprise.
Embracing the organization’s cultural beliefs, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to TEAM UP to build a supportive learning environment where we TALK STRAIGHT about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement by delivering second to none experiences to those students who spend their summers with us because YOU MATTER.
ESSENTAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors system and production processing performance.
- Responds to system alerts and problems.
- Opens, troubleshoots, and routes tickets.
- Trains in various technologies and applications.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves issues including escalations when appropriate.
- Documents incident resolution utilizing standard procedures/tools.
- Communicates incident resolution to customers.
- Assists in the deployment of solutions and associated documentation.
- Participates in deployment checkout procedures.
- Manages own workload including administrative work.
- Completes assigned work in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Reports on progress deliverables during 1×1 and performance check-ins.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related.
- Strong analytical, technical, and communication skills.
- Must be enrolled in school during time of internship.
- Typically, students currently between their Junior and Senior years or between their 1st and 2nd years of graduate school will be considered for internships.
- Regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location daily.
- Web application administration, troubleshooting, programming experience/exposure.
- Ability to gain experience in multiple technical areas over time.
- Incident and problem management experience/exposure.
- Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location daily
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***