You have driven career goals. USAA wants to help you achieve them. Our internship program lets you showcase your skills, while gaining real-life experience that’ll help you jump-start your career. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges, while building enduring relationships in a collaborative culture with their manager and an assigned mentor. The best part? You’ll do it all while helping us fulfill our noble mission to serve the military community.
Spend your summer at a Fortune 100 financial services organization and gain a career where you can make a difference!
To qualify, you must be pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university, and plan to graduate after the final day of the internship. Most of our interns participate the summer between their junior and senior years. Our 2022 internship will start on June 1, 2022 and last through August 12, 2022.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
Job Description Summary:
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise. Interns will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to make conclusions and give ‘insight to action’ recommendations to answer business objectives and inspire change. The essence of work performed by Data Analyst Interns involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies.
- Performs professional duties in support of operations for the functional area assigned
- Applies foundational functional knowledge to produce work objectives in support of departmental initiatives
- Leads limited departmental projects and/or participates as a project resource on larger initiatives
- Finds opportunities and facilitates basic improvements to processes and systems
- Performs routine tasks under direct supervision and within established procedures and guidelines
- May interact with clients for technical requests to understand requirements and limitations in different phases of project lifecycle to include research, testing and implementation
- Pursuing a master’s degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative analytics field at a 4-year accredited university
- Graduation date cannot be prior to August 12, 2022
- 0 to 2 years of related experience and accountability for simple to moderately complex tasks and/or projects required
- Foundational and conceptual knowledge of the function/subject area and proven application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required
- Foundational level of discernment in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required
- Graduation date between August 13, 2022 and July 2023
- 2 years of experience in a decision support analytic function or directly related functional business experience (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, etc.)
- Demonstrates intermediate knowledge of mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making
- Intermediate knowledge of data analysis tools, data visualization, developing analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software, and relevant industry data & methods and ability to connect external insights to business problems
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the hourly range based on your experience and market position. The hourly range for this position is: $22 – $34.
Interns will receive an intern stipend to assist with expenses.
At USAA our full-time employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.