The Senior Accounting Specialist for Financial Reporting will be an integral member of the Corporate Accounting team and will report to the Manager of Financial Reporting. This role will be an integral part of the month end, quarter-end and year-end close processes. Responsibilities include journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, monthly balance sheet fluctuation analysis, quarterly and annual financial statement preparation and tie-out for the Company’s consolidated financial statements and certain subsidiary standalone financial reporting requirements and preparation and tie-out of quarterly board of director materials. The Senior Accounting Specialist will ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance with internal controls, which will include preparation of documents evidencing SOX requirements such as oversight of key business process controls and end user computing controls. Special projects and additional ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
- Month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close management
- Journal entry preparation
- Quarterly preparation and tie-out of board of director materials
- Balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis
- Balance sheet fluctuation analysis
- Compliance with SOX requirements
- Project work, including implementation and upgrades of financial systems and other support
- Additional ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested
- Very driven and ambitious individual with a strong desire to advance their knowledge and career.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong accounting/finance knowledge, communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required; will make considerations for those working towards their degree. Demonstrated progress toward CPA licensure is a plus.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years accounting experience is required.
- Individual must be detail-oriented and highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of the PeopleSoft Financials system, nVision reporting tool, and/or Workiva financial reporting software is a plus.
- Experience with external audits and/or SOX compliance is a plus.
- This individual must be a self-starter with a drive for excellence, able to build strong working relationships throughout the organization, and a proven ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A service oriented individual that continually challenges the status quo and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Proven track record for successful completion of accounting guidance-related projects.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead, work independently and in a team environment.
The budgeted range starts at $50,000-$60,900. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including…
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.