Bring courage and clarity to risk and security
At Vanguard, we’re changing the way the world invests by always doing the right thing for our clients. That means security is more than a priority; it’s fundamental to our purpose. Protecting our investors from risk requires clear goals, big ideas and resolute action. As part of our College to Corporate Internship Program in the Risk and Security track, you’ll build solutions that keep Vanguard safe day in and day out – protecting twenty million investors from ever-evolving threats by staying one step ahead. Make it count.
In this program you will:
- Help to drive security strategy for a people-centric organization
- Develop your technical skills and business knowledge
- Learn by working side by side with industry authorities on high-profile projects and through coaching with our Risk, HR, and IT leadership teams
- Gain exposure to the latest thinking on digital ethics, online security, risk analysis, fraud mitigation, system modification and threat detection
- Learn not only the technical components of risk and security, but how to effectively communicate risk and security topics to our business partners
What it takes:
- In pursuit of a bachelor’s or master’s degree with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, IST, IT, CIS, Security Risk Analysis or related technical/engineering discipline required
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Proven leadership skills
- Effective analytical, communication skills
- Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position
This position will begin in the summer of 2022 and last approximately 10 weeks.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success