This position was shared by Bates alumna, Rachel Levine ’15, who works at Vericant. If you have questions about this position, please reach out to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Vericant we feel test prep and application fraud is a colossal waste of time and money, and that there has got to be a better way for admissions officers in North America to find good international applicants. For the past several years, we have worked with our North American partnered institutions to reconsider the way they evaluate applicants and now we are the most widely required video interview in North America.
The Operations Associate role is an entry level position specifically designed to establish a deep understanding of our core business. As an integral part of the Operations team, you’ll learn the “ins and outs” of our product, from start to finish. You will understand the technical, linguistic, and administrative components of processing and quality control. This position allows for personal growth, professional development, the acquisition of new skills, and project management, all within an international and multilingual work environment.
The role of an Operations Associate is comprised of three parts: processing media, conducting interviews, and taking on projects. One day, you might be contacting office rental space in Chengdu or Hong Kong to find a new interview location, and the next you could be supporting our video editors and translators to produce top-notch videos. In a given week you might brainstorm and pilot new Vericant services, travel across China to conduct interviews, or sharpen your language skills by translating subtitles.
Every year we hire a new cohort of Operations Associates to help us revolutionize international admissions from our office in Beijing. If you think that you have the skills and the mindset to grow with us, apply!
As an Operations Associate, you might:
- Interview Chinese students as part of their admissions process to study abroad
- Assist in ensuring a high quality product
- Travel around China to conduct interviews
- Learn video and subtitle editing
- Utilize your Chinese by speaking with some of our Chinese staff
- Help lead continued training and feedback for Vericant part-time interviewers
- Gain project management experience
- Independently lead special assignments and projects to build professional skills
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college
- Native English speaker from USA or Canada
- Conversational Mandarin
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent attention to detail and consistency
- Resourceful & constantly seeking to improve
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate professionalism and integrity
- Familiarity with international admissions
- Professional proficiency in Mandarin Chinese
- Humility and the ability to accept feedback
- Experience working in mainland China
- Excited by working in a startup environment
- Comfortable with technology
- Experience managing/hiring/training staff
- Experience with project management
- Experience doing public presentations
- Experience using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Opportunity to travel to cities in China (Cities include but not limited to Xi’an, Chengdu, Jinan, Shenzhen, Wuhan, Xiamen, Tsingdao)
- Have a real impact on people’s lives; this is an opportunity to change how Chinese students are assessed and selected for opportunities; we’re enabling real people to get access to opportunities
- Fast promotion. This is a ground floor opportunity with a small team; if you prove yourself you can help to craft the strategic direction of the company
- Flexible working hours and location; work from your apartment in Beijing, work from a hotel on the road, or work from our Beijing office. We like people to have a regular in-person presence in Beijing, but there are days when you might simply get more done by working from somewhere else, and we understand that.
- Chinese Visa and related costs
- Health Insurance
- Free mobike/ofo rides
- Company sponsor entertainment event once a month
- Earning Potential 8000-10000 RMB per month. *Position based in Beijing
Please email your resume and cover letter as a single PDF document to email@example.com (Ryan)