Collaborates across the WBA Global Communications Team by supporting communications efforts around key initiatives that contribute to enhancing and protecting the company’s reputation and drive the team’s Global Communications plan. Will contribute to a broad range of communications activities, including internal, external, CSR, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, social media, research and reporting and measurement.
- Monitor phones and email inbox to direct inquiries to the appropriate corporate communications team member.
- Research, compile and maintain media lists.
- Conduct media outreach to select trade and local media.
- Draft written materials including social posts, pitches, media alerts, press releases and corporate stories for the Walgreens/WBA newsrooms and social channels.
- Support internal communications by developing content for mass emails and company intranet, monitoring team member engagement and contributing to internal communications plans.
- Assist with weekly reporting, tracking and measurement, which may include media coverage and campaign reports.
- Research and identify speaking engagements for senior executives.
- Monitor relevant trends across healthcare, pharmacy and retail for proactive media outreach and storytelling opportunities.
- Deliver a project aligning to strategic priorities and present to manager/leadership upon completion.
External Basic Qualifications :
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors’s degree program with 2 semesters remaining upon start date.
- Experience communicating with key stakeholders via writing reports and presenting the information.
- Experience collaborating with teams.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).