- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Manage and coordinate training (e.g., new hire orientation, CBL modules, web-based training, virtual classroom) for Distribution and/or Transportation associates by helping to identify training and development needs for hourly associates, Drivers, and/or management; monitoring the completion of training curricula; presenting and facilitating training courses; and monitoring the schedules, completion deadlines, and compliance for multiple training activities.
- Manage daily administrative functions of the HR office (e.g., benefits, hiring/transfers, terminations, payroll) by executing and refining recruiting and staffing initiatives; and researching and addressing employment-related concerns for applicants, associates and managers.
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on Logistics and company policies, standards and procedures and monitoring compliance; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; identifying training and development needs; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates and leaders.
- Ensure compliance with company HR policies by reviewing and managing the accuracy, confidentiality and maintenance of HR-documents; assisting in the implementation of and ensuring compliance with HR systems applications; and researching to gathering data for HR related issues.
- Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns by listening, consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
- Implement the business plan for area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads, and ensuring associates complete required training in order to achieve facility goals.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Manages Human Resource Office and Training Operations – Demonstrates and communicates solid working knowledge of human resources procedures to provide effective advice, guidance, and training to associates and managers in applying HR policies and procedures to new, existing, and complex situations. Monitors associates adherence to company policies, standards, and procedures related to human resources. Conducts training programs, and monitors existing training programs to enhance effectiveness in building associate knowledge, skills, and performance. Identifies and appropriately responds to customer, compliance, and operational issues related to human resources, taking steps to prevent recurrence. Correctly implements selection procedures and employment practices to ensure staffing of the facility.
- Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member – Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
- Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment – Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
- Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results – Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others’ time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement – Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results.
- Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment – Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
- Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance – Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
- Adaptability: Quickly Adapt – Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Helps associates adjust to and develop the capabilities needed to implement organizational change initiatives.
- Talent: Supervise Associates – Provides specific, honest, accurate, and timely feedback on associate performance. Assigns tasks to associates that fit their skill levels and maximize team performance. Uses people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) to ensure effective associate performance. Recruits and hires the associates needed to meet business requirements. Teaches, guides, and assists in the development of associates.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Observe behavior of others (i.e., associates, customers, suppliers).
- Walk within work area for extended periods of time.
- Enter and locate information on a computer or system communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field and 1 year’s supervisory experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field OR 2 years’ Walmart Logistics management experience OR 2 years’ supervisory experience, including 1 year’s experience managing human resource processes OR 1 year’s Walmart Stores, Inc. Human Resources experience.
- Both Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field; AND 1 year’s supervisory experience.
- 3 or more years’ Walmart Logistics supervisory experience.
- 2 or more years’ HR management experience.
- 1 year’s or more developing and facilitating training programs experience.
- ASTD Training Professional certification.
- PHR or SPHR Human Resources Professional certification.
- 1 year’s Microsoft Office experience.