What you’ll do:
- This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of multiple departments. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on Logistics and company policies, standards and procedures; monitoring associate compliance to policies and procedures; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Monitor and manage productivity of area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and/or analyzing business reports.
- Dispatch drivers by identifying drivers needed to meet inbound and outbound load delivery schedules; and following dispatch procedures and regulations (for example, Drive Department of Transportation Hours of Service regulations).
- Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns by listening, consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
- Implement the business plan for area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety).
- Manages Transportation Operations-Demonstrates and communicates solid working knowledge of transportation procedures to help associates conduct high quality transportation operations. Ensures associates adhere to company policies, standards, and procedures related to transportation operations. Helps associates understand and use procedures for transportation operations, and facilitates equipment (e.g., tractors, trailers) movements for maintenance. Identifies and appropriately responds to customer, compliance, and operational issues related to transportation operations, taking steps to prevent recurrence.
- Customer/Member Centered: Meet Internal and External Customer/Member Needs – Identifies the requirements, expectations, and needs of customers/members. Supports and aligns with initiatives, goals, and actions focused on improving customer/member service. Addresses the concerns and issues of internal and external customers/members. Uses customer/member data, analyses, and insights to improve customer/member-related decisions. Judgment: Demonstrate Professional
- Judgment – Researches and integrates relevant information and data, and uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Uses business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes and looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems and identify possible solutions.
- Execution and Results: Focus on Execution and Results – Aligns and pursues work activities to achieve the mission and business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, and resources across functions, organizations, and locations to improve performance. Effectively uses existing processes and tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses and explains major process steps to manage time, resources, and challenges to meet goals.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Performance – Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies and recommends ways to continually improve and streamline processes and practices.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field OR 1 year Walmart Logistics experience OR 1 year transportation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field 1 year Walmart Dispatch experience
- 1 year Walmart Logistics Information Systems experience (e.g. Global Logistics Systems (GLS), Trailer Manifest System (TMS), Map Point, MapQuest, On Board Computer Systems, Visual Dispatch System (VDS))
- 1 year Microsoft Office experience