At Walmart and Sam’s Club, we’re driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience. We’re intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey.
As a Software Engineer-III, you’ll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You’ll work as part of agile teams consisting of other engineers and leads who will guide you as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to get the job done.
Now, imagine doing all of the above for the world’s largest retailer. That’s the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
You’ll really wow us if:
• Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
• You come to the table with a comprehensive knowledge of Java, Node.js or ReactJS as well as Agile methodologies.
• You are familiar with micro-services architectures and implemented them at a global scale.
• You have excellent skills in data structures and algorithms.
• You have a good understanding of delivering software on cloud platforms
• You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
You’ll make an impact by:
• Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
• Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a “best-in-class” customer experience.
• Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
• Strong Programming skills in Java, Spring Framework, NodeJS or Python
• Experience with Development tools: Eclipse, Spring STS, JetBrains, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Grunt
• Good knowledge of NoSQL databases like Azure Cosmos, MongoDB, Cassandra
• Cloud experience : Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, event-based architecture