Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
WM Strategic Business Solutions (SBS), located in Windsor, CT, is responsible for managing WM’s largest, most prestigious national customers. SBS serves as the one-stop shop for the largest corporations in the US. Through industry leading reporting, centralized billing & service, and pricing, WM SBS provides an exceptional value proposition to our customers. With approximately 600 dedicated employees, a state of the art customer management system, and the goal of expanding into international markets, WM SBS is helping WM transform our industry.
Grow you career! Grow your network! Grow with Waste Management! If you bring the passion for customer service, we will give you a fun and engaging work environment, a great compensation and benefits package, and opportunities to grow with our organization. Waste Management is looking for goal oriented, Customer Focused Inbound Service Representatives like you to provide world-class customer service to our customers. What are you waiting for apply today?
I. Job Summary
The Customer Service Rep I position receives and processes calls from customers, serves as the end-to-end point of contact for customers, and resolves customer issues. Collaborates with a team of customer service representatives to meet overall call center objectives and enhance the customer service function to exceed our customers expectations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Fields customer service inquiries and processes transactions of low level complexity within business segment independently and proficiently:
- Communicates concise and accurate information.
- Confirms understanding of customer needs, issues, and requests.
- Serves as the customer’s advocate by solving problems on the customer’s behalf by engaging the right department and people within Waste Management.
- Escalates more complex issues to appropriate level.
- Uses authorized system to gather information, provide information, and/or update customer records.
- Provides standard information and education regarding service options, charges, billing, and contracts.
- Adheres to service and operational standards established for the call center, including quality, productivity, Service Machine, safety and timeliness goals.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: None required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Computer skills – MS Office, Typing Skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to react well under pressure and treats others with respect
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Focuses on solving conflicts and listening to others without interrupting
- Is consistently at work and on time
- Work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team to ensure exceeding call center’s standards.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities and helps build a positive team spirit
- Adapts and able to deal with frequent changes in the work environment
- Able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to service requests to meet customer commitments.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to meet productivity standards in a timely manner.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”