2022 Corporate Risk Summer Intern Program – Master’s
Job ID: 5598883
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Business Overview | As the company’s second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo’s risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline’s execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk.
Program Overview | The Corporate Risk Summer Intern Program is a development program that provides participants with a ten-week overview of Wells Fargo and a high-level understanding of the company’s operations, business strategies, and corporate culture. Program participants build a deep understanding of the company’s operations, business strategies, and corporate culture through relevant work assignments, technical training, 1:1 career coaching and performance feedback sessions, participation in group projects, group mentoring, and informative learning and networking sessions with key leaders. The program’s Master’s-level experience is designed to provide recent master’s graduates with a blend of business and career development training opportunities that provide associates with fundamental risk capabilities and the tools needed for professional growth and career advancement at Wells Fargo.
Program Placement Verticals:
· Compliance Risk
· Commercial Banking CRO
· Consumer Lending CRO
· Consumer & Small Business Banking CRO
· Corporate & Investment Banking CRO
· Market Risk
· Model Risk
· Operational Risk
· Wealth & Investment Management CRO
Responsibilities may include:
· Effectively research risk problems by determining root cause, establishing priorities and analyzing different outcomes in order to recommend an appropriate solution
· Analysis of reporting and monitoring of data related to emerging risks
· Perform analysis that maximizes profits and/or asset growth, and minimizes credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures
· Produce performance monitoring and benchmarks regarding growth, mix, delinquency, losses and overall profitability and performance
· Participate in deliverable creation, execute standard operational risk program requirements, develop & execute operational risk assurance
· Provide analytical support on credit, operating losses and other product strategies to ensure company goals are met
· Manipulating and analyzing large complex datasets with a programming language such as SAS, SQL, R, Matlab, Python, Stata
· Segment and monitor various credit, deposit and other product groups, vintages, concentration limits, etc. and make recommendations to management based on those trends
· Assist in developing and evaluating alternate methods for monitoring data quality to improve accuracy of data issue identification
· Supporting the analysis and monitoring of the credit portfolios, support for policy management analysis and communication as well as credit risk quality assurance
· Participate in, provide consulting, and support for projects and initiatives with moderate risk.
· Review and analyze trends in current population distributions and recommend strategies
· Work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
· Identifying risks and/or gaps through trending analysis and report results to stakeholders
· Build and sustain relationships with peers, Executive Office and business partners
· Provide strategic support to risk and control teams in coordination and execution of initiatives
· Demonstrated ability to facilitate effectively in both a face-to-face and virtual environment
Program dates for 2022: June 6 – August 12
Program Locations for 2022: Charlotte, NC – Minneapolis, MN – Dallas, TX
· Master’s degree (all disciplines including M.B.A., Master’s in Data Sciences, Analytics, Engineering, etc., and/or J.D.) with an expected graduation in December, 2022 – May/June 2023
· Strong analytic and/or process skills including manipulating data using SAS, SQL, R, Matlab, and/or Python
· Conveys new and creative solutions to complex technical and analytical problems by using data to tell stories to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
· Analytical mindset, ability to draw business solutions from pulling and analyzing data
· Knowledge and or experience in the financial services industry
· Ability to prepare written documentation, clearly defining proposals with supporting justification
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
HOW TO APPLY
This program will be accepting applications through the Wells Fargo Career site on September 17 – September 21, 2021 ONLY. To search and apply for open positions in this program, please go to https://www.wellsfargo.com/careers/ and click on “Search Jobs” and search by Job ID: 5598883 and follow the instructions to complete your application.
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.