The next big thing in data is you!
We create environments for you to thrive. The growing diversity of data creates an exponential amount of new possibilities – for the world, our company and you. You’ll be part of a team driving the innovations necessary to outpace new demands and challenges everywhere data lives, from sensors to mobile devices to the cloud. We’ve only started to scratch the surface of what data can do. You can help unlock its full potential.
We are seeking highly motivated students to join our engineering teams.
What is the LAUNCH Program?
The LAUNCH Program is supplemental to your full-time role. You will automatically be enrolled in the LAUNCH Program during your first twenty-four months. In this program, you will take a deeper dive into professional life at Western Digital by getting exposure to different parts of the organization in addition to the experience you gain from your day-to-day responsibilities. Supplemental LAUNCH Program elements include:
- On the job training and mentorship with industry professionals
- Supplemental professional development seminars
- Executive exposure
- Networking events with other Western Digital employees
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
We are hiring an entry-level engineer on our Systems Design Engineer team to begin and develop their career as a Software Development Engineer. Ideal candidates will have recently earned or are pursuing a BS or MS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field. Candidates must have a graduation date of May 2021 through June 2022.
- Design, implement, validate, and maintain firmware components to support products using best-practice development methodologies.
- Design and develop test cases for firmware features being implemented
- Participate in design meetings, test planning sessions, and code reviews.
- Collaborate with internal and cross-functional teams to derive innovative quality firmware solutions
- Document findings in the bug tracking system, create and update web pages for sharing information, and create slides for communication of ideas.
- BS or MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Degree conferral date of May 2021 – June 2022
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Ability to evaluate and interpret complex engineering data generated by internal teams or external customers
- Experience with real-time embedded systems
- Fluency with programming languages such as C/C++-
- Bonus (not required): knowledge/experience with interface bus analyzers, SATA/SAS, script languages such as Python, usage of MatLab