The next big thing in data is you!
We create environments for you to thrive. The growing diversity of data creates an exponential amount of new possibilities – for the world, our company and you. You’ll be part of a team driving the innovations necessary to outpace new demands and challenges everywhere data lives, from sensors to mobile devices to the cloud. We’ve only started to scratch the surface of what data can do. You can help unlock its full potential.
We are seeking highly motivated students to join our engineering teams.
What is the LAUNCH Program? The LAUNCH Program is supplemental to your full-time role. You will automatically be enrolled in the LAUNCH Program during your first twenty-four months. In this program, you will take a deeper dive into professional life at Western Digital by getting exposure to different parts of the organization in addition to the experience you gain from your day-to-day responsibilities. Supplemental LAUNCH Program elements include:
- On the job training and mentorship with industry professionals
- Supplemental professional development seminars
- Executive exposure
- Networking events with other Western Digital employees
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN EITHER IRVINE, CA or ROCHESTER, MN
We are hiring an entry-level engineer on our SoC Development team to begin and develop their career as a Design Verification Engineer working on development of hard disk drive controller SoCs. Ideal candidates will have recently earned or are pursuing a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. Candidates must have a graduation date of May 2021 through June 2022.
As a Design Verification Engineer on the HDD SoC Development Team you will develop test plans and tests for use in testing complex hardware in System-on-Chip (SoC) ASICs. Your work will enable industry leading data storage control SoCs that get deployed into high volume consumer and enterprise products.
- Develop and automate the verification test environment using state of the art verification modelling methodologies and formal verification techniques.
- Verify in simulation Host Interface with SAS, SATA, PCIe/NVMe, and Memory (DDR3/4) IPs.
- Collaborate with architects, designers, SW Engineers, pre- and post-silicon verification teams to develop test plans.
- Create, debug and support tests to close coverage.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Candidates must have a graduation date of May 2021 through June 2022.
- Understanding of SystemVerilog or Verilog
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming OOP – Java, Python, C++, UVM
- Interest in hardware and digital designs
- Interest in ASICs, System-on-Chips (SoC), hard disk drives, flash memory, semiconductor components
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player who can collaborate with colleagues
- Knowledge of high-speed interface protocols preferred