You are an accounting student who, at the time of our internship program, will be one year from both graduation and starting your career and want to complete a rewarding internship with a truly great company that is working together to be the world’s premier timber, land, and forest products company. You act with urgency and are accountable, courageous, and innovative. While you can understand complex topics, you have the ability to keep it simple and articulate what really matters. You are smart, authentic, adaptable, and listen. You bring energy to everything you do, and you like to win. Are you ready to join us?
Weyerhaeuser Company is excited to offer two tracts of accounting internships for Summer 2022:
In the financial/managerial accounting tract, you will be a contributor in an organization that records, verifies and reports our financial results, while providing key analysis and recommendations to leaders and decision makers. You will have the opportunity to perform financial closing activities, analyze financial results, prepare and present working papers with accurate supporting documentation, as well as participate in special projects.
In the income tax compliance tract, you will be a member of the team responsible for the federal and state income tax compliance of our company and its subsidiaries. You will have the opportunity to assist in the preparation of our consolidated federal and state income tax returns, including researching and analyzing tax issues and incorporating law changes into the filings.
As a Weyerhaeuser accounting intern, you can expect to:
– Network with and receive coaching from a wide array of individuals, including senior leaders
– Put the skills and knowledge that you have gained in your coursework to practice doing work that matters to our long-term success
– Innovate and help us achieve our Operational Excellence goals (Operational Excellence is our term for process improvement, a key and constant focus at Weyerhaeuser)
– Visit operations to see how our products are grown, produced, and sold (contingent on safe conditions)
– Gain practical experience and exposure to important software, such as SAP, Power BI, Power Pivot, and the full Microsoft Office suite
– Learn about how an accounting background can lead to a long-term successful career at Weyerhaeuser, whether that is in an accounting department, our broader finance organization, or numerous other areas of our company
Our internship program lasts approximately ten weeks, and we pay $21 per hour. This internship opportunity is for Accounting or Finance majors only. Safety is a core value at Weyerhaeuser – if the COVID-19 pandemic is still an ongoing concern at the time of the internship, the program may be impacted. This could include converting to an online only approach and/or adjusting the duration of the internship. Successful internships can lead to full time offers of post-graduation employment.
Are you ready to join our team? Go to www.weyerhaeuser.com/careers, search for “accounting internship” and start on your path to joining our truly great team at Weyerhaeuser!