We have a great opportunity for the right person who is passionate about accounting for a growing company. The position will be located at our headquarters in Amado, Arizona. Wholesum will provide the ideal candidate with a learning and development opportunity within two of our US companies. This is an exceptional career opportunity due to the nature of the business and values of our company. Our people are like family, and we’re growing the company by growing our own people first.
So, come find a home with our Wholesum Family!
Company Overview: Growing organic produce is our passion. We marry generations of experience with the latest in greenhouse and farming technology to grow produce that is beautiful, delicious and good for you. The motivation for growing organic stems from our commitment to our employees and our belief that we are stewards of the planet. Eliminating harmful synthetic chemicals from the growing process protects people and the environment. Healthy choices are good for the body as well as the environment
Our Mission: Nourish a Healthy World
Our Values: Integrity, Problem Solvers, Responsible Growing & People on the Move.
The Staff Accountant will provide daily financial support to the Accounting department for Wholesum companies in Arizona. The accountant will cross train with the Accounting Manager and staff accountants across a variety of accounting functions to support business processes. This position will develop an expanded understanding of Wholesum’s business and accounting practices, systems, and procedures. The position will be supervised by the Arizona Accounting Manager of the company.
- General Accounting Functions
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Non-Standard Accounting Reports.
- Grower Accounting
- Payroll Support
- Accounts Payable Support and Banking
- Accounts Receivable Support
- Inventory Support
- Audit Report Preparation
- Detail oriented
- Organization, prioritizing and planning.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with excellent time management skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred or Certified Bookkeeper minimum.
- Two years’ bookkeeping or accounting experience preferred, but not required.
- Proficient use of MS Office Products, intermediate to advanced Excel skills a must (will be tested)
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Moderate to above moderate levels of English and Spanish writing, speaking, and reading comprehension; active listening.