This person may be supporting our Communications and ESG groups.
Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) goes far beyond Workiva’s standards for financial and sustainability reporting. We are building a comprehensive approach focused on delivering business and social value driven by truth, trust, and transparency. We know the world is complex. Doing the right thing shouldn’t be.
The Communications Intern will help establish baseline and campaign measurement and reporting for Corporate Communications and Internal Communications efforts, including social listening, impact measurement of our communications channels and digital activities, and sentiment reporting. In this position the intern will help establish insights to help inform and optimize our campaigns and corporate communications strategy. Additionally, this position will assist with the creation of social media content, as well as other Communications channel content.
- Help design and implement measurements to analyze messaging program effectiveness and quantify impact generated from executed programs
- Conducts research into industry trends and helps generate new and creative ideas
- Help guide social listening, keyword tracking and sentiment reporting during positive and negative media cycles involving the company, large-scale media announcements and reputational challenges
- Generate social media photography and videography assets as well as design graphic social media content
- Gather stakeholder stories for social media spotlights and document authorization
- Collect and analyze social media and corporate web/Intranet behavioral data
- Develop and present learnings from the analyses, including actionable insights and recommendations
- Create dashboards, data visualization, and campaign and corporate website / intranet performance reports
- Provide monthly and quarterly analysis and reporting of our brand health, owned content, and reputation and favorability measurement
- Work closely with communications agencies/partners to pull analytics
What You’ll Need
- Strong research, interpersonal skills and communication abilities (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational, creative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Understanding of social listening and experience in measuring and analyzing communications/marketing campaigns, including social media
- Working knowledge of digital analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Highly organized and structured, able to manage multiple projects and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances and personal styles
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills as well as ability to relay analytical insight
- 3 years of completed coursework preferred
- Completed at least one other internship preferred
- Pursuing a degree in a related field
- Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
Pay Rate in Colorado: $17 per hour
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
- Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #58 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
- Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers’ on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
- Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation, casual dress environment and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more.
Intern Video: https://youtu.be/LIxhabEk8Ao
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.