The Intern – Corporate Development will assist the team in projects targeting revenue growth enhancement, while working cross-functionally to understand market dynamics.
- Assist in review of new markets, including analyzing market size and the competitive landscape
- Assist with business case development to evaluate opportunities
- Research and document companies in our target market
- Update database of comparable transactions for valuation purposes
- Collaborate with and assist the team in building value propositions
- Assist with coordinating due diligence efforts and integration planning
What You’ll Need
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in related field, and within 1 year of graduation. Pursuit of an MBA is preferred
- Relevant finance, business strategy, business development, product management and/or corporate development experience preferred
- Fundamental understanding of SaaS metrics
- Exposure to the M&A or investment processes
- Experience with SaaS technology
- Experience with financial modeling preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively across many levels
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
Pay Rate in Colorado: $27 per hour
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
- Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #58 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
- Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers’ on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
- Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation, casual dress environment and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more.
Intern Video: https://youtu.be/LIxhabEk8Ao
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.