Samuel Johnson said, “I am always sorry when any language is lost, because languages are the pedigrees of nations.” What if you could use your archiving skills to help preserve languages?
As an Archive Specialist, you will serve as a custodian for language data and provide critical support to Bible translation projects around the Philippines.
Today, over 2100 people groups, 114 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Manila, Philippines
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
What Might You Do?
Every day is different! One day you might help a translator find an archived literacy book. Another day you might process language reports and archive them for future use.You may work in one or more areas specializing in database operation, physical preservation work for print or non-print media, appraisal and organization of special collections, or formatting and preserving electronic materials, both textual and non-textual.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have a love for languages and a desire to keep records for generations to come.
- You are methodical, detail-oriented, and focused.
- You have earned a degree in a related field.
- You are experienced with using databases or imaging and electronic document technologies.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ref ID: 31382a Doug P