The Human Resources Manager assists in the design, support and implementation of all Human Resources related functions including (but not limited to): Hiring, Onboarding, Employee Housing, Employee Recognition, Employee Recreational Activities, Employee Relations and Personnel Records Management.
Recruitment and Hiring
- Collaborate with the Talent Supervisor regarding the creation, daily maintenance of, and distribution of the Staffing Guide to track employees hired; current staffing levels at each location; and employee housing restrictions to ensure compliance with NPS regulations.
- Process and review employment applications in iCims.
- Interview, extend offers, and place qualified applicants into seasonal positions at a high volume (in person and over the phone).
- Utilize Applicant Tracking System (iCims) to disposition candidates.
- Submit Predictive Index Assessment to applicable candidates.
- In partnership with the Talent Supervisor, attend local job fairs as needed.
- Ensure NPS regulations regarding contractually required positions are met and reported on as necessary.
- Write and send out engaging and informative pre-season communication including pre-employment packets and HR Check-In process to seasonal and year round employees.
- Develop and implement onboarding processes of all employees, including updating pre-employment paperwork, management of onboarding workflows in iCims, following up on necessary paperwork; collect housing deposits; process background checks.
- Facilitate the HR Check-In process including greeting employees and assisting with new hire paperwork. Have a working knowledge of the ID Badge machine and uniform distribution. Coordinate getting the international students to the social security office on day of check-in.
- Track employees for RV sites and cabin beds on the GNPL Campground spreadsheets. Send out communication regarding directions, park rules and check in process, prior to arrival dates.
- Facilitate orientation if needed.
- Manage and support the HR Coordinator initiatives, projects, workload, training, approving hours, and more as necessary.
- Assist in handling employee relations issues including harassment, retaliation or discrimination allegations. Complete investigations according to company standards.
- Serve as a resource and offer guidance to all levels of management with respect to Human Resources issues, company policy and employment law.
- Post all necessary legal or regulatory notices related to Human Resources in view of all employees as required by law.
- Prepare reports as needed (Under 21, Employee Numbers, AC/AF Eligibility, Monthly NPS Reporting, monthly EEO, etc.).
- Create and maintain a strong working relationship with the Accounting/Payroll team to ensure paperwork and data entry information is submitted accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist Directors, Location Management, and Department Managers with completing PANs. Process PANs for transfers, new hires/rehires, promotions, terminations and status changes in Lawson (HRIS), including performance of data entry and mass uploads of information.
- Administer Xanterra company benefits for all eligible employees including the Open Enrollment process.
- Have a thorough working knowledge and hands-on experience using LAWSON (HRIS) and KRONOS for data entry, employee record keeping, reporting and benefit management. Assist Directors and Department Managers with Kronos access and timesheet questions.
- Help with the coordination, implementation, and evaluation of location planned recreational activities. Lead trips and activities when possible
- Assist with the implementation of the Employee Recognition Program.
- Address: 1014 1st Ave, Columbia Falls, MT.
- Professional office environment.
- Position may require working weekends and holidays during operating season.
- This position works out of the Glacier National Park Lodges Main Office located at
- This is a year round, full-time position; may be subject to a furlough period.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, vacation, disability, sick, 401k, holiday pay, discounts on dining and retail and free Glacier National Park pass.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or a related field is preferred.
- PHR/SPHR is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in human resource management with increasing responsibilities for managing people and processes
- In-depth knowledge of EEO/AA laws and practices and in employment and Labor Relation laws, principles and practices.
- Strong leadership skills including outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills that demonstrate flexibility and an ability to work with a very diverse group.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Maintain high quantity and quality performance in a fast-paced, frequently changing, demanding environment.
- Proficient in MS Office software such as: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License, complete DOT physical exam, pass pre-employment drug test, and comply with the Xanterra Driver Safety Program and Policy.
- Able to drive a loaded 15-passenger van for up to eight (8) hours per day.