Software Quality / Automation Engineer
Do you live, breathe and dream in code? Would you like to develop expertise in large-scale cloud storage and highly-distributed systems? Are you interested in becoming part of a team that is building new capabilities to grow a successful backup and disaster recovery solution in a rapidly-expanding market? If yes, then YOP IT Solutions, Inc is the place for you!
We have an opening for a Software Quality Engineer with strong technical and communication skills along with a passion for building high-quality test automation frameworks. You will work side by side with core developers and QA Automation Testers.
Specific Objectives & Responsibilities:
First three months:
- Gain a basic understanding of YOP IT Solutions, Inc Server Backup products with a focus on UI and API’s
- Learn the team’s automation environment, tools, and processes
- Learn how to use existing test automation, review the scheduled runs and participate in root cause analysis for failures
- Implement simple fixes for failed tests to increase the coverage
- Design/code review the work of peer engineers.
Three to Nine Months:
- Design and develop several suites of automated tests
- Contribute to ongoing test automation improvement efforts
- Contribute to conception of a next generation automation solution
- Use your own initiative to increase velocity and quality
Beyond Nine Months:
- Improve our test automation
- Contribute to a company-wide automation solution focused on modularity, commonality, robustness, reporting and efficiency
Key Challenges to Overcome:
- You will be working in a fast-paced, agile environment where things change quickly.
- Are you ready to understand current automation and produce automation?
- Are you up for working on a very complex product, where you’ll have to dig deep to find the right solutions for different automation needs?
- Can you keep the big picture in mind and identify components impacting with the change?
- Are you prepared to bring fresh ideas and energy to help make our company and our product even better?
What will make you successful at YOP IT Solutions, Inc:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in Test Automation, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years experience with Object-oriented design and programming
- Experience with C# or Java and PowerShell/PhP scripting experience
- Good experience with Windows platforms and knowledge of relational databases (such as MS SQL)
- Modern virtualization experience: VMware 6.0 & above & Hyper-V 2016 and above
- Familiar with: Jenkins, MS Office, Visual Studio, TestLink, Perforce or Git
- Experience with Nunit and bash scripting
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services or Azure
- A passionate desire to excel as an automation engineer
- Abundant initiative and ability to rapidly learn from mistakes
- Exceedingly strong team/collaborative work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Active, demonstrable curiosity about the newest technologies and practices
- Agile experience
YOP IT Solutions, Inc provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
YOP IT Solutions, Inc solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist Double Take Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers’ unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on YOP IT Solutions, Inc.
YOP IT Solutions, Inc is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We’re currently looking for talented people to join the YOP IT Solutions, Inc team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
YOP IT Solutions, Inc, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.