Junior business students benefit from continued access to resources and guidance from W. P. Carey Career Career Services Center. Build a strong foundation in networking — and continue making steps toward the future you want — during your junior year at ASU.
- Your career journey
- What you will learn
- Career outcomes
- The Career Navigation Program (CNP) is designed as the core career program for all undergraduate students. Each course provides relevant, curated career instruction. As a junior W. P. Carey student, you will take WPC 348: Networking Foundations. The course will strengthen your networking and interviewing skills, while working to develop a professional network.
- Leverage your narrative: Understand how narrative and executive presence impact networking opportunities
- Advanced resume development: Enhance resumes by taking a deeper look at structure and content utilizing VMock software
- Components of networking: Using the book, The 2-Hour Job Search, learn the five components of networking and how to conduct a successful informational interview
- Interviewing: Gain greater understanding of the interview process and how to deliver compelling answers to commonly asked questions
- Students are able to tailor their standard resume to align with function, role, or industry given a specific job posting
- Students are able to develop a plan for their internship search that is inclusive of industry preference, role of interest, geographic preferences, and milestone dates
- Students will be able to perform an ASU alumni and professional search for a network connection within a given function, role, industry, and company, using LinkedIn
- Students will be able to write well-structured STAR statements for behavioral interviews
- Students can apply market and industry research skills in their job search
- Students will be able to evaluate an internships opportunity and apply negotiation skills