It's never too early to start thinking about your career.
First-year business students benefit from immediate access to resources and guidance from W. P. Carey Career Services Center. Your career management journey begins the day you enroll — and we hope you will engage with us from early career exploration to graduation and beyond.
- Your career journey
- What you will learn
- Career outcomes
- The Career Navigation Program (CNP) is designed as the core career program for all undergraduate students. Each course provides relevant, curated career instruction. As a first-year student, you will take WPC 148: Introduction to Career Development. The course encourages you to explore careers and identify professional interests by using the Career Management Model and other W. P. Carey resources.
- Intro to career management: Learn to understand the Career Management Model
- Major and career exploration: Explore different career paths and trajectories
- Career resources: Discover and use a variety of W. P. Carey and university career resources
- Professional development: Understand how to make the most of your time at ASU, using the programming available from Career Management and Employer Engagement
- Students can apply the most appropriate ASU career resource to accomplish a career oriented task
- Students can compare and contrast the career paths available in their given major
- Students know who their career coach is and how to access appointments
Peer coaching for first-year studentsOur MBA peer career coaches offer drop-in appointments as well as career appointments for first- and second-year students. Visit your first-year career community to connect with peer coaches relevant to your major and career path. MBA peer career coaches are available to help you with:
- A review of your resume/cover letter and feedback for improvement
- Basic interviewing skills
- General career-related questions