One of the most important things you can do to get a head start in your accounting career is to attend Meet the Firms on September 17, 2021. Attendees of the event include public accounting firms, companies from private industries, and government agencies.
Meet the Firms provides the opportunity for accounting students to build connections as they inquire about internship and full-time job opportunities within accountancy. For firms, the event allows recruiters to create a shortlist of prospective hires and interns based on the quality of student interactions–not just the applications they submit.
To ensure that you are successful at the event:.
- Develop a list of target companies so you can prioritize your time
- Research every company on your list so that you are knowledgeable about their needs and offerings and are sure to impress them
- Prepare talking points and the right kinds of questions to ensure your time during each slot is well spent
- Perfect your Resume, using our W. P. Carey resume template as your starting point.
- Tailor your personal narrative to each firm and job opportunity
- Refine your executive presence so that you display professionalism and make a great first impression during your interactions.
Take a look at the resources that follow for additional tips for success. Your Career Coach can also help you prepare during a coaching appointment.